Monday, March 16, 2009

I come to you today so that you can help me praise the Lord!! Some of you know my story more than others, but most of you know that I have not felt well for a very long time. In the past 5 years I have gone from taking a couple of medications to 15 per day as of today.

Sometimes it takes everything I have just to get ready to go to work. Sometimes I don't have the energy to do what I need to do no matter how bad it needs to be done.

For awhile now I am normally in pain, can't breath and am in a constant fog. My fatigue is overwhelming at times. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Recently, I have just been at a loss because the doctors so far have not been able to find out what is wrong with me. I really thought that it was not going to be long until I would not be able to function.

I did not even go out of town with my kids for Spring Break or to a friend's benefit due to the way I felt. Yes I have a few hours here and there where I feel okay and try to make plans and get things done, but then my body hits again. Not that I would know, but it feels like I run a marathon every day!!!

Okay, here is where the Glory of God comes in!! It becomes more and more evident everyday why God sent us to Forsan Texas!! Not only have we been blessed by wonderful caring people here, but I have been seeing a doctor who seems to want to help me get well. Most of you know that I haven't slept well for years. Dr. Barclay here in Big Spring sent me for a sleep study last week.

Wahoo, good news and bad news!!! Good news, they found something huge that could solve so many of my health issues. Some of them can't be fixed due to years of damage, but many of them can!!! Okay, let me just say that I am very humbled right now!! During my sleep study out of 375 minutes of sleep I stopped breathing 232 times for an average of 21.1 seconds. That is a total of 81 minutes out of the 375 minutes that I did not breathe!!! That is nearly an hour and a half a night that I don't breathe!!!! My blood oxygen levels also dropped numerous times below 80%. Can I just say WOW!!!

I have severe obstructive sleep apnea!! I am waiting to hear from the neurologist for my next sleep study in which I will be fitted for a bi-pap machine. It is a mask that goes to a machine that I will wear everynight in order to breathe throughout the night. This may seem awkward, but who cares!!! A girl needs to sleep and breathe right!! The doctor said that this will absolutely change my life!!! I can not wait. Please pray with me that the appt. comes soon and that the Lord has his hand in all of this!! Most of all my kids will be glad to see me healthier!! I love them so much and thank them for putting up with me!!

Love,
Sundai

2 comments:

  1. So glad you started this! You're gonna LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found the site... love it!
    Have you gotten your cpap yet? Stacy sleeps with one and it has been amazing for him. He went from being an old man that fell asleep at a moments notice to a teenager bouncing all over the place. He has mellowed a little but the energy is still there.

    ReplyDelete